Thursday, June 01, 2006

A Chill In The Air

Brrrrrr....

Most likely wherever you are it is warming up. Where Liz and I are it is cooling down. Our sleeping bags--which are acting as our down comforter--are being put to the test. I can barely get away with having the window cracked anymore, without Elizabeth screaching or adding another layer to her already bulky bedtime garb.

But Autumn here is georgeous. A slight breeze, sunny days reaching 19 degrees celcius (66 degrees Farenheit), and a rustle of orange leaves on the ground.

I have progressed to wearing a radiator (neopreme top) whilst surfing and will most likely make the plunge towards a wetsuit shortly.

We have a great surf trip planned for the weekend of June 10 with some friends that will have us surfing long point breaks up the coast.

This weekend we will finally show of our humble abode in Crows Nest. Homemade appetizers and delicious desserts are on tap as 40 or so of our friends here (most of them are Liz's as she is the go-getter). This means decorating and finally drilling holes into our "common" walls in the apartment.

You probably have noticed that Elizabeth's work has picked up substantially since we first arrived--you aren't receiving calls/emails/packages nearly as much eh? That means it is down to business.

As for me, I have gone from tennis to building in the drop of a hat and loving every minute of it. I am not sure how well received my Polos are on construction sites, but they go nicely with my steel toed boots. Thats right Suzie Safety (my mom), eat your heart out!!!

Okay, enough banter. Come visit us. Come one come all!! So far our first visitors are Anne Marie and Frank Pinto from Bethesda Maryland whol will be arriving in November. Any other takers? If you need convincing, please re-read previous blog postings (sorry there are no cliff notes) or take a look at the photos.

Cheers to you all!!


Logan and Elizabeth

Mini Glossary of Terms
Eskie=Cooler
Skooner=Pint of Beer
Rubbish=Garbage
Porta Loo=Porta Poddy (not an enjoyable experience on construction sites)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Just tell Liz that I took it upon myself to write HER a card...tell her that she's a champ for hosting and working... I can understand. I'm teaching 2 summer camps of about 200 kids all about nutrition three afternoons a week on top of everything else and it keeps me on my toes...Did I tell you guys that Hillsong (your church) is the old church of one of my other friends in Australia who is living here in the states? the connections are uncanny sometimes :)

1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home